Sunday 8 May 2011

IMM 08/05/11

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren as a way of showing off our addiction to books every week. You can learn more about is here. My darling friend Raimy has introduced me to this, plus also helped me gain all these books last week...So below we have...





Well first of all, this is my kitten Nomi who was interested in what the books were doing on the floor...she then proceeded to fall asleep on them so they may be there for a while...

Gifted
The Lord of the Rings trilogy -  J. R. R. Tolkien 
The Kissing Gates - Mackenzie Ford


Both given to me by my friend Noeleen, before they went to the charity shop! Always been meaning to read the trilogy...just need to find the time!


Bought
The Second Husband - Louise Candlish
Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
The Book of a Thousand Days - Shannon Hale
Second Hand Heart -- Catherine Ryan Hyde
Forever - Judy Blume
Twins - Marcy Dermansky
Leftovers - Laura Wiess


Very big amount bought this week! But that was because I went hunting around bargain book stores and Charity shops with Raimy! 
I tend to read Young Adult, but mainly books about real life (Reason Lord of the Rings will probably sit for years...). Jodi Picoult is my favourite author at the moment so probably why I picked up Second Hand Heart. 
I bought Judy Blume after Raimy raved about reading it, so I am under strict instructions to post it back once I have finished reading it, and apparently it is shocking I've not read Lovely Bones yet?    




Borrowed from a friend
Ballet Shoes - Noel Streatfield


Borrowed from Raimy as I was going to buy it in the shop and she pointed out I could just borrow it from her! Win! 


A very large amount of books to read, which the partner is not happy about! We now need to buy another bookcase or two next month as I had already overfilled the ones we have...(and I'm not getting rid of any!!) 


What did anyone else get? Or any recommendations on which to start with??


x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nomi!!! :D
    YAY! I get lots of mentions on here! I totally did not make you buy all those books!! :P hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lie! You kept saying ooooo this books good!
    You blamed it on me as well!

    ReplyDelete