Sunday 8 January 2012

IMM (#17) - 25/12 & 1/1 & 8/1

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren as a way of showing off our addiction to books every week. You can learn more about this here. 


So it's been very busy, with all the holidays and celebrations (I hope you all had a great time!!) so I apologise for this massive massive list!!! It's just been piling up lately...




Gift
The Watch Series (7 book collection) - Terry Pratchett
Good Omens - Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman
The C-word - Lisa Lynch (From Aliix)
Sisters Red -  Jackson Pearce (From Vickie @ Comacalm)
His Dark Materials - Philip Pulman


I have lovely people who send me books <3 All the fantasy ones are from ESP for Christmas...I don't read fantasy so this could be interesting!! Maybe I'll find out I love it more than YA....(as if...). Both Aliix and Vickie are super lovely people to send me pretty books! I've been eyeing up these books for months so very happy to get them =D


Bought
Marcelo in the Real World - Francisco X. Stork
Hidden - Miriam Halahmy
Inside Out - Maria V. Snyder
My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece - Annabel Pitcher
Torn - Cat Clarke


So just after Christmas I began raiding the sales on Amazon...teehee...I've heard some great things about some of these books...then others I haven't heard anything about yet, so I am hoping to find another treasure like 0.4! Then of course I had to buy Torn!! Think that may get started this afternoon =)


Borrowed/Review
Wonder - R.J. Palacio
A Guide to the Harry Potter Novels - Julia Eccleshare


Wonder sounds AMAZING! Emma received this for the Book Tours and asked if I would read it for her...of course I'll say yes! =D i was eyeing up the guide to the Harry Potter novels at Nikki's Christmas party...and then she let me borrow it and its really interesting...well if you enjoy looking at the background of everything and being critical! 


I now have over 40 books to read and review...and some are getting close to the dates (I'm a procrastinator...) so I may not be posting IMMs for a while as I will not be buying!


Can't wait to see what you all got!! 


Love Steffikins


xxx

4 comments: